If your water heater starts acting up and you are getting more cold water than hot, it’s time to seek professional attention. At Allens Plumbing, we have been providing the people of Oahu and Maui, HI with reliable water heater repair and installation since 1982. If you’re sick of feeling cold water when it should be hot, book an appointment today.
Causes of Many Water Heater Issues
Since your water heater is always in use, keeping water hot and then heating it up again, performance issues aren’t uncommon. There are a range of possible causes for your water heater troubles, including:
- Damaged thermostat: the thermostat is in charge of keeping the water in your tank at a certain temperature, so if it isn’t working the water may be too cool or too hot.
- A leak in the tank: a leaky water tank can affect the efficiency of your system.
- Damaged pilot light: gas-powered water heaters rely on the pilot light to function properly. If yours is damaged, you’ll need professional water heater repair.
Do You Need a Repair or Replacement?
Depending on the age of your water heater and the specific issue causing the trouble, you may need a basic repair or a full-blown replacement. Most water heaters will last around 10 years before a replacement is necessary, but if the damage is too serious, then you may need one before the average lifespan is up.
Why DIY Is a Bad Idea
Since your water heater uses water, has electrical components and possibly involves natural gas, it’s always a good idea to call for professional help if it isn’t working properly. There’s no need to risk the health of your plumbing system or your own health when expert help is just a phone call away.
To discover what others in your area have thought of our water heater services, visit our reviews page today.
Need Water Heater Repair?
One of the best ways to ensure you won’t need water heater repairs in the future is to schedule regular hot water heater maintenance. But at one time or another, even the most well-maintained heater will need repairs.
There are a few key signs to look out for that may indicate the need for repairs. It’s crucial, therefore, to identify and address these issues right away to avoid more costly problems down the road. In addition to age, typical signs that you might need water heater repair services include:
- Your home currently only has lukewarm or cold water
- Hot water tank leaking
- Your hot water tank has signs of rust or deterioration
- Water coming from your faucets is discolored
- A build-up of sediment in the tank
- Poor maintenance of your hot water system
Our competent plumbers can accurately identify the source of your hot water issues and make the necessary repairs as soon as possible.
While there’s no harm in making repairs yourself, diagnosing the source of a hot water leak can be challenging. Water heater repair can also be dangerous if you’re inexperienced, so be sure to hire a professional! Allens Plumbing offers 24/7 emergency water heater repair services for your safety and convenience.
Professional Water Heater Installation
If you’re in the market for a new water heater, figuring out the difference between systems can be challenging. A new water heater is a major investment and you need to find the right heater for your home. Every hot water heater installation needs to be carried out professionally and with extreme care. That’s why you need to hire a water heater service provider with experience and extensive knowledge when it comes to selecting the right system for your needs.
As a leading water services provider in Oahu and Maui, we provide a range of system types, brands and sizes. You can also count on us for same-day installation.
Why is it important to hire a professional to install your new water heater?
Professional installation ensures that the hot water capacity of your water heater matches the size of your home and your hot water needs. From selection to installation, our water heater experts will guide you every step of the way. Here are a few water heater installation options to consider:
- Tank water heaters: These types of heaters are excellent for many homes because of their large hot water capacity, low upfront costs and power.
- Tankless water heaters: Tankless systems are efficient in that they heat water on demand, thus avoiding energy inefficiencies.
- Hybrid water heaters: A hybrid water heater combines the best of both worlds, offering the large water capacity of tank systems and the efficiency of tankless systems.
Discover how you can save on our range of services when you visit our coupons page.
Why Choose Us?
Along with our reputable services and unforgettable customer service, here are some added features that keep customers coming back:
- We use the most advanced sewer restoration technology in the industry.
- We’ve been in business for over 30 years.
- A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
- Our plumbers look for the underlying cause of your plumbing issue.
- We strive for same day service with every call.
- Short, two-hour service windows.
- Authorized dealer of Rheem, Rinnai and AO Smith water heaters.