Every homeowner has had the unfortunate experience of a clogged drain at least once. The key is to have access to a reputable drain cleaning company like Allens Plumbing when your drains slow down and cause stress to your day. Residents of Oahu and Maui, HI have been relying on us to keep their drains clear since 1982.
We use the latest technology in our high-speed drain cleaning services, to dissolve even the toughest clogs! Click here to learn more about our methods!
What Are Some Causes of Clogged Drains?
Clogged drains can be caused by many different things. Some of the most common include food and cooking grease, hair, paper products and minerals like calcium or magnesium. Most drain clogs develop over time, but when they reach the tipping point, you may be in for a big mess if you don’t take quick action. When these materials cling to the insides of your pipes, water will have trouble flowing, and serious clogs may follow.
Signs You Need Professional Drain Cleaning Services
When your drain clogs, it can be tempting to handle the issue yourself. But doing so, you pose the risk of making the clog worse and you can also damage the pipes. Here are some signs you need to call in the pros and let them do what they do best.
- Slow drains: Have you noticed your dishwasher or washing machine remain full of water when the cycle is finished? Does your bathtub or sink drain particularly slowly? These may be signs of an obstruction in the pipes.
- Multiple clogs: If you have more than one of your plumbing fixtures clogged at the same time, call a professional plumber right away. Multiple clogs often indicate that there’s a blockage in the main line.
- Foul odor: A bad smell, especially in multiple rooms, could indicate a broken sewer pipe or a blockage in the venting system. You’ll need help from a professional plumber to investigate the issue and address the problem.
- Recurring clogs: If your drains get clogged frequently, it usually points to a more serious issue. Consider having a professional take a closer look at your plumbing system to determine the cause and appropriate fix.
- Flooding: Evidence of flooding near a floor drain or in your basement could be an indication of a clogged drain. One of the worst problems associated with clogs is a sewer backup so be sure to seek professional help before your drain stops working completely.
Benefits of Professional Drain Cleaning Service
Professional sewer drain cleaning may seem like a waste of time and money when it’s just as easy to dump some chemicals down your drains. The truth is most of these store bought chemicals contain corrosive ingredients that may break up the clog, but will also damage your pipes. Professional drain cleaning is fast, effective and won’t harm your plumbing system.
Can I Prevent Household Clogs?
If you want to keep those pesky household clogs at bay, there are a few things you can do:
- Run hot water down the drains periodically to prevent materials from hardening on the insides of the pipes.
- Refrain from pouring cooking grease down any of your household drains.
- Place micro screens over drains in the kitchen and bathrooms to catch hair, food and other debris.
If you’d like to read what our customers think of us, take a moment to visit our reviews page.
More Reasons to Work with Us
Our customers have been loyal to us for more than 30 years, and we continue to provide the kind of quality service that gets results. Here are some more reasons to choose us:
- We are an authorized dealer of Rheem, Rinnai and AO Smith water heaters.
- Our technicians look beyond the surface to address the actual source of the problem.
- We use the most advanced sewer restoration technology in the industry.
- We have an A+ BBB rating.
- We offer a two-hour service window and strive for same day service.