Having clean household water is important for every homeowner in Oahu and Maui, HI. However, just because your water appears clean doesn’t mean that’s necessarily the case. Microscopic bacteria and minerals can cause your water to be anything but pure. Luckily, the experts at Allens Plumbing can provide you with fast, reliable water filtration services to remove those harmful bacteria and get your water exactly how you want it.
Check out our reviews page to see what others in your area have been saying about our range of services.
Water Filtration System Basics
A water filtration system is designed to be installed in the plumbing system of your home, so toxins and contaminants are removed from your water before it flows from the faucets. It’s not uncommon to find a wide range of impurities in household water. These include substances like iron, tannins, arsenic, chlorine, excess magnesium and calcium, and others. With a filtration system in place, you can use your water without worrying about microscopic contaminants.
Common Types of Household Water Filtration
There are a few different types of water filtration systems for household use, each with its own properties. The most common among them are reverse osmosis filtration, carbon filters, and water softeners. Reverse osmosis is a process by which the water passes through a semi-permeable membrane to trap impurities. Layers of active carbon are used in carbon filters, and water softeners utilize tanks with salts that neutralize certain minerals.
Choosing a Water Filtration System
With plenty of options to choose from, buying a water filtration system for the first time can be tough. But how do you choose a water filtration system? Here are a few tips to help you narrow down your choices and select a system that best addresses your needs.
- Contaminants in water: Different filtration systems may not filter out or reduce the same group of contaminants. For this reason, you should start your research by identifying which contaminants are present in your water to ensure the filter you’re buying is effective for your needs. You can find out the contaminants in your water by using a home test kit, obtaining a water quality report from your provider or seeking a private test from an independent company.
- Determine Which Filter Solves Your Water Issues: Once you know what needs to be filtered out, you can start searching for the most suitable filter. Activated carbon filters, for example, work well to reduce or remove chlorine as well as lead, copper, mercury, pesticides and other volatile organic compounds. If you’re dealing with hard water issues, consider investing in a filter that also softens water.
- Costs: When it comes to costs, water filters vary. A high price tag may not always equate to better quality. Depending on your filtration needs, one may be more suitable for you than others. Unsure which filter is best for you? You can always seek professional advice.
Benefits of Filtering Your Water
Having a water filtration system in your home can provide a range of benefits. Not only will you enjoy healthy contaminant-free drinking water, but your appliances will work better, you’ll save money on bottled water, and you’ll have peace of mind knowing you are doing the right thing for your family.
Take advantage of our current deals and specials by visiting our coupons page.
Reasons to Work With Us
Look at these features we offer our customers to add even more value to our plumbing services:
- We strive for same-day service with every call.
- We’ve been in business for over 30 years.
- A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
- Short, two-hour service windows.
- Our plumbers look for the underlying cause of your plumbing issue.
- Authorized dealer of Rheem, Rinnai and AO Smith water heaters.
- Using the most advanced sewer restoration technology in the industry.