When it comes to hidden water leaks in your plumbing system, slab leaks are definitely among the worst. For residents in Oahu and Maui, HI, Allens Plumbing has become synonymous with high standards and plumbing excellence. We can find and repair your slab leak before any lasting damage occurs to your home.
If you’re interested in what your friends and neighbors thought of our plumbing services, be sure to take a look at our reviews page.
What is a Slab Leak?
A slab leak refers to a water leak that is happening in the pipes underneath the concrete slab of your home. This concrete supports the foundation, and as the water leaks away from that space, it may take the packed dirt and sediment with it. If the leak lasts for long enough undetected, it can cause structural issues with your house that are both dangerous and costly.
Common Causes of Slab Leaks
There are a handful of different reasons you may be experiencing a slab leak in your home. Here are a few of the most common:
- Older pipes that have begun to weaken and thin out.
- Vibrations that create friction with the rebar and pipes under the slab.
- A major weather event that causes sudden changes in the ground pressure.
- Corroded pipes caused by years of using chemical drain cleaners.
Signs to Watch For
You will eventually notice signs that there is a slab leak in your home. Regular plumbing inspections will help in the prevention department, but if you notice any of these telltale signs, it’s time to call your plumber.
- Water stains on your basement floors or walls
- Cold spots on the basement floor
- Squishy, damp ground in your backyard
- Standing water near the foundation
- Mold growth in your basement
- The sound of running water behind basement walls or under the floor
Discover exciting deals and discounts when you visit our coupons page.
Reasons to Work With Us
Here are some of the features that keep customers coming back again and again:
- Our plumbers treat the underlying cause of the problem, instead of the surface issues.
- Official water heater dealer for Rheem, Rinnai and AO Smith.
- Using the highest level of sewer restoration technology in the industry.
- We have 30+ years of expertise in the industry.
- A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
- Our goal is always same day service with a two-hour service window.